Saturday, March 15, 2008

Music poster


Wow, the crit for this in TMP went SO well!! I don't think anyone had anything bad to say about it. Which is a first. How nice. I'm so pleased with how it turned out, which is a good thing, considering how it took me FOREVER! I think I'm getting carpal tunnel, I worked so long with my mouse touchpad.
So, process: I took pictures of friends playing various instruments, plus found some pictures online, which I printed out, and then drew blind contours of. (Kind of like etch-a-sketch in Cranium...haha, I love that game). I watercolored the instruments, and inked some outlines around them. I scanned them in, and took a long time deciding on the arrangement. The background color took me a long time to decide too. I had a lavender for the longest time until I decided on maroon at the last minute before printing.
The music notes going around are the violin part from the song 'Death Valley Queen' by Flogging Molly. I'm not sure if I drew the counting right...dotted quarter note? Whatever. Its a pretty song.

No comments: