Wednesday, November 12, 2008

watercolorwatercolorwatercolor



I've been working like crazy on the watercolor portrait of my sibs, and I finally submitted it yesterday to the All Student Exhibition. I am sort of disappointed with the way Paulie's face turned out, but it's my own fault for not stepping back and taking a good look at the proportions before I watercolored and inked it. We'll see how I do in the show. I really want to get some prize money for it, but I'm not sure how good it is.

Also, I did another watercolor piece for my ADP class, I had to write an observation paper about a tree and document it, and I wanted to do something besides take a picture of the tree (which is what I did for the last paper), so I painted a leaf from the tree, and a banana, and a rose, and then wrote a bunch of little stories that had pretty much nothing to do with trees. I am REALLY happy with how it turned out, I think it was a really fun quick project. And my GSI liked it, I think. He wrote a nice note about it right under the note telling me that I forgot to write an intro paragraph for the paper....

2 comments:

T.C.Eberts said...

Is that Richard or Paulie Bleeker?

Katie said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa it totally looks like Bleeker!!!!