Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolution---violin practice!

Happy New Year!! One of my resolutions is to practice my violin more, because this summer the Soo Theatre will be performing Rodger & Hammerstein's Carousel, and I very much would like to be in the pit orchestra! So to help me out and keep me on track, I made this practice chart for January, where I can fill in for each day I practiced. If anyone would like to download it, that's perfectly fine, and I hope your January practicing goes well! I'll be making one for each month until try-outs for orchestra, probably sometime in May, so check back and grab one in February. I know that when I was younger my violin teacher made one of these and turned it into a contest between all of her students to see who could complete it the fastest. We were very competitive, and in the end it was based off of what time on the final day we finished practicing (9am, and I got the prize, YES!).


2 comments:

KBee said...

This is awesome! As a music teacher, this is a great way for students to have fun "checking" off their practice!

KN said...

This is the cutest. So glad I found your blog!