Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Good times

My goodness, I can't believe where the summer has gone! I have been having SUCH a good time traveling around Michigan for all the art fairs, and I'm looking forward to next summer already. (Probably my favorite was the Suttons Bay Art Fair, where I met the most adorable friend, Audrey, who, we decided, is at least half mermaid.) There are a few art fairs left this year, though--- On Saturday, September 1, I will be at Art in the Park in Cedarville, MI, exhibiting and demonstrating with other Les Cheneaux Artisan Cooperative members from 10am to 4pm.

Last week I was the Artist of the Week at the Les Cheneaux Historical Museum, where I demonstrated how I paint and gave a 3 hour class to those who attended. I wish I had taken some pictures of the works created, but I was too caught up in the moment to think about grabbing my phone to snap some off. Believe me, though, some lovely art came out of those three hours!

Fast forward a few weeks, and I will be down in Grand Rapids for A Lot of Art at San Chez Bistro---Sunday, Sept. 16, 4-9pm---selling my paintings and cards alongside my good friend/recycled jewelry artist Alaina Clarke. The next weekend (Sept. 21-23) I'll still be in GR, but this time for artshop, which is a 3 day event, check the link for times and location.

The top and bottom pictures are some things I've been working on for commissions. I'm pretty obsessed with birds, obviously. Everyone has seen 'Put a bird on it'from Portlandia, right?

Thanks for stopping by---K

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love!!! I sooo wish I could have been there for your class at the museum!! I may get up to see u in grand rpids, I can't remember our weekend plans. We will move back to Kalamazoo on the 29th or so.